Thursday, August 14, 2014

Lisa's Recovery...



Today was a big day at the Lewis home in Florida.  Lisa returned to work at Physicians Regional Center.  She will work half a day until her stamina increases.  For our family this is almost unbelievable. Lisa had brain surgery July 22 of this year.  Her operation was on Tuesday, lasting a little over five hours. She was released to go home on Friday.  Her recovery has been amazing...simply amazing.  If I had not witnessed all of this with my own eyes, I think I would have trouble believing this story.

I often get frustrated with modern technology and all the trappings that accommodate and at times aggravate my daily life. I usually long for a simpler time.  A slower pace with less intrusion from gadgets and gizmo's.   And then I am faced with the fact that Lisa's life was saved by technology I will never understand.  I stand amazed, humbled and forever grateful to a God who instills dreams, wisdom, what ifs  and knowledge into each generation to create and do the impossible.

Fifty years ago, Lisa's operation would not have been possible. The technology used to save her life had not been invented. In fact neither her doctor or his surgical team were born fifty years ago. The medical facility where the operation occurred, had not been built.  And Lisa's future mother and father were fifteen and sixteen years old!

Lisa still has several battles to fight. We are more confident now than we were on July 21, 2014, the night before the operation. I believe Lisa will continue to improve and receive good results...God's got this...

 





No comments:

Post a Comment