Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Visiting Reno...

  Tommy and I visited Melodi, Lacey and Rowan this past weekend in Reno.  It is such a treat to be 67 and a new grandmother.  I thought those days were long gone.  Jacy our oldest granddaughter is 14 and Logan our grandson is 12. We have been with them for most of their lives. Watching them grow up has been one of life's great adventure.  They are amazing, funny, super smart and are blessed from the top of their heads to the bottom of their toes.   All they have to do is say "Hi, Nonnie" and I am grateful all over again for life and for them. 

   It is the same with my daughters.  They were first my babies, then my little girls.  Truthfully, part of me has kept them in my mind and heart as little girls and that is fine with me.   However, I enjoy the women they have become.  Without a doubt they are the funniest, most creative women I know. There are times when I think we could take our show on the road.  At this time in my life,  they are my best friends.  Tommy and I adore them and their spouses.  Laughter is good for the mind, heart and soul. We laugh a lot when we all get together. It is a cleansing time and a renewal from all the crap going on in the world.

   And then came Rowan.  She is a new spark in our lives. There is something magical about babies. And Rowan is about as magical as they come. When I whisper in her ear, I call her 'Bean'. The first time I saw her ultrasound she looked like a little bean. I remember thinking, "There is my little Bean and I love him or her."

   When Lacey or Melodi walk into a room, Rowan lights up.  When Tommy and Rowan interact, she coos and laughs and kicks her little feet. She adores his voice. I do too.  Now Ro  likes me and talks to me but I think my glasses are debatable with her. I take them off and she is happy.  Me, on the other hand, can not see up close so my new love is a bit of a blur.  It is a trade off  in that department. 


                                   

     

   

   

   
      

Life is good...very, very good in my                                               corner of the world.   

To be continued...we had to return home and what a trip it was!!     
                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment