Thursday, June 23, 2016

'Pay It Forward' Put Into Action...

  When I walked to the mailbox today I received a surprise package from Trinidad and Tobago. My long time friend, Nalini Mohammed sent me a 'Pay It Forward' present for my new granddaughter.  I was beyond delighted and very thankful.  

   Several months ago Nalini asked ten or fifteen people on Facebook, from around the world, if we wanted to help make someone's day a little brighter. We agreed and were anxious to begin.  Our mission is to send a surprise package to a friend somewhere in the world, or if possible to do something nice for someone in person.  Something to make their day better and make peace for a minute tangible. " Pay It Forward" is a wonderful idea.  We can all use some mental sunshine on any given day. The idea keeps going as each person passes on their offer of friendship.

  My surprise was a perfect selection for me.  It is a book, about the size of a letter. On the front of the book where an address would be says:





    Inside the book are envelope like letters with a theme at the top of the page for the subject to be written about.  At the bottom of the page  is  the date it was written and the date it is to be opened. Here are some of the subjects to be written about. 

 1. It may surprise you to learn that I was young...
2. One positive change in the world have witnessed is...
3. When your parents were young...
4. The best advice anyone ever gave me...
5.  I am curious to see how you...
6.  What I want you to know about me...
 7.  My wishes for you...

    There are other quotes just as thought provoking and ideas I want to share with Rowan. She is three months old and has so much to learn.  I am also ordering two more for Logan and Jacy.  I have so much love and lessons I learned the hard way. I would like to share with all my children and grandchildren.

    Thank you again Nalini for giving me a perfect gift and making my day delightful. I have my friend and a gift in mind to send to her. I hope she will like her, 'Pay it Forward', as much as I did receiving mine.  I am going to do this more often because receiving and giving me make me feel wonderful. I know a lot of people who could use a smile, a laugh or an Ahhhh that is just what I needed today. Much love to all...for starters.

No comments:

Post a Comment