Tuesday, July 2, 2013

When You Hit the Wall...Stop!!!



Yesterday was one of those days when I felt like crap!!  My back hurt, my neck hurt, my hands hurt and my right toe for some reason hurt also.  My mind was mush. Every answer  to any question I was asked yesterday was a total delayed reaction. I had to wait for my brain to think of something sane to say.  I had the patience of a dead rat.

I told Tommy how bad I felt and that I needed a day off to regroup. That was fine with him, he needed to rest also.  We slept all afternoon.

The only human I had to interact with yesterday was one idiot several hundred miles away from Missouri. That interaction could have been avoided.  We have an answering machine so there was really no reason to answer the phone. I voted to let the machine take all calls. When I wandered into the kitchen...the phone rang. I automatically picked it up.

The caller was  some man in Ohio who desperately wanted to talk to a woman named Lucille. I told him he had the wrong number, no Lucille lived here. He told me the number he was calling and it was indeed our number. I suggested that he might have written the number down wrong. He became a little snippy, implying he wrote exactly what Lucille had told him.  I told him nicely,  at first that Lucille misquoted the wrong number. He said, "Lucille wouldn't do that." That is when my middle finger jumped up and down for 3 seconds. I had lost control of it!!!  Tommy looked at me and wanted to know who I was talking to and why on earth was I giving him the 'bird'. 

I could not stop my mouth or my hand. This man was on my last nerve. I told him  "for the last time, Lucille does not live here" and then I hung up! I also changed the message on my answering machine. It now says, "Hi you have reached Vicky and Tommy. If you are looking for Lucille...she does NOT live here."

Today we are both fine and ready to work. I haven't heard anymore about Lucille and as far as I am concerned...that is a good thing indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment