Monday, November 7, 2016

One Tomato, Two Tomato, Three Tomato, Four. . .



       Transplanting volunteer cherry tomato plants never entered my mind when I woke up this morning.  Seven hours later that is exactly what I was doing.

      Tommy and I worked long and hard yesterday. Today was to be a laid back sort of Sunday.  That is pretty close to what we had. The things we did were small chores we wanted to check off our 'to do list' before I have knee surgery in December.


   We built a hand railing for the steps in the laundry room. That took about an hour. While in there I did several loads of laundry. Tommy was outside piddling in the garage, when he yelled for me to make a pot of coffee and come outside.  He wanted a fire in the fire pit and some company.  We stayed out there all afternoon. Conservation was sparse. Both of us were lost in watching the fire and our own thoughts. The coffee was good and the sky was perfect for cloud watching.   
                                         

                       
         
         This was my favorite cloud of the day. It morphed back and forth between a dragon and a mermaid with hair three miles long.

      While I was thinking about dragons and mermaids, Tommy spotted volunteer cherry tomato plants growing all over the back yard. They erupted everywhere a rotten or split tomato had been thrown. I couldn't believe it. Some of the plants had blooms on them and one plant had two cherry tomatoes that will be eaten soon.  



          I am not a high maintenance kind of person. It never did take much to make me happy; finding these little tomato plants all over the back yard did just that. . . they made me happy.  I dug up three plants and re-potted them so I could watch them grow and perhaps enjoy some red cherry tomatoes later this winter. Right now they are living in the bedroom window of Logan's room.  I checked on them first thing this morning and they seem to like their new surroundings. It was a good day in my neck of the woods.  It took my mind off the election for about four hours. That was time well spent. I needed a break from the three ring circus we call politics.

                                     




  
                                       

   

No comments:

Post a Comment