Saturday, July 21, 2012

"If the Road To Hell is Paved......."

If the road to Hell is paved with good intentions, then I have certainly earned my own driveway today!!!!  It should lead up to my small burning house!!!  The reason I am so upset is because someone, somewhere made millions of dollars inventing a aggravating, orange tape dispenser made by U Haul!!!!  It has driven me nearly MAD today!!!  A preschooler could probably do a better job taping today than I have done.  It should be EASY and it is for everyone else packing in this house but me.

I have fought with it until I am ready to throw it through the nearest window, or worse case scenario----make it's own window, door, vent, rat hole.......I don't care!!  I have a million places I would like to put the little SOB.

It drew first blood yesterday.  I knew then, the likely hood of our coexisting is a friendly manner was doubtful---much less work together. Today was no better than yesterday.  I didn't bleed as much today however I cursed ten times more.  So that probably takes precedence over the blood.

I have tried and tried to use this little pain in my a$$ but we do not work together well at all.  I pull the tape dispenser across the box and it gets all squirrely on me.  I go to cut it off and it refuses to budge.  I get tape stuck to me, the box and the $80 pair of Cutco scissors that if not used correctly disassemble in my hands and become a set of knives.  I have done this same scene over and over for 8 hours today.  And I am still not through with the kitchen.  Almost but not quite. I had to stop and vent, throw a tantrum on the computer is better than having a real life fit!!!  It was a close call. I didn't want to scare my daughter.

I am beginning to feel better. I don't know if the writing helped, the xanax or the two beers, whatever I feel like I can go back down stairs and finish the kitchen.  Hopefully I won't bleed anymore tonight.  Right.....and there is peace in the Middle East.



2 comments: