Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Every Home Could Use One of These...




   Little did I know when I woke up June 18th, I would end up punching a rubber man...and liking it...but I did. Tommy had promised our grandson, Logan, a punching bag and gloves for karate classes.  Columbia seemed like the most logical place to find what we needed.  First stop was Dick's Sporting Goods Store. They never let us down, when we need something.  As we entered the store Tommy and Logan took off to check out camping gear. Jacy and I searched for the work out gear department.  They had everything imaginable to loose weight, add muscles and relieve tension. Jacy and I were delighted. 

   As we walked around we found a 5 foot rubber man in dire need of a punch. So that is exactly what we did...we punched him.  In fact we made up little goofy remarks as we punched his face...repeatedly. I remember saying, "So you really don't like the way I make lasagna??"  "Well take this!! ..followed by another round of ".Bam, Wham....double bam!!"...  We were on a roll. Jacy chimed in with, "How dare you eat ALL the pop tarts!!"  We both busted out laughing as the little rubber man took a punch to the gut, followed by a pretty good upper cut. We were on a roll and having fun.  Perhaps it is not your normal grandmother and granddaughter outing, however far be it from us to be 'normal'. Plus we had fun.

   Next we found a punching bag and a small oval punching ball.  I think I liked the ball best.  I could really get my left hand to flying on that one. Jacy was about to cry, she was laughing so hard.  Evidently, I need a little work on my form. I was hopping around, dipping and diving.  We had the department to ourselves and if it looked like it was punchable...we punched it.  Later we find out we were on camera. What can I say?  It was unscheduled fun...just the way I like it.

   
   Tommy and Logan show up about the time I hit the punching bag as hard as I could. Tommy applauded, Logan laughed, and  Jacy walked off leaving  me on my own.

   Tommy was laughing when he said, "We heard you two, three isles over...that is why we are here.  Just wanted to make sure whoever you all were attacking was going to live!"

   That is when I told him I thought every home should have one of these.  Just think of all the exercise we could get. When frustrated with people or life, we could go a couple of rounds with the punching ball or the little rubber man until we felt better. He shook his head and said, "NO! It would end up hanging on the arm of you 'brand new' ten year old treadmill."  He has a point. A very good point, however that has never stopped me before. That is exactly the same way I got my treadmill. We shall see...Think I will sign off and do a few rounds of shadow boxing... just in case.
                                                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment