Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Welcome 2019...


   As I write this I am drinking my second cup of coffee in 2019. I am enjoying talking to the early bird risers on FaceBook. I took a quick look at the weather and news. Both could be a whole lot better. I didn't make any New Year's Resolutions last night. I don't think I have ever done this before in my life. I could not think of anything. All I know for sure--I want a new life. A better happy life. My priorities have changed a lot in this past year. We shall see how that plays out in real life. It is the first time in my life that I am only responsible for me. If I don't do it---then it doesn't get done. I am responsible for me and only me. That is kind of a scary thought coming from a woman who had eleven months of "October and one month of December and all 365 days were Friday." The good news I know it is January 1,2019. As for what day of the week it really is? let us say I don't think it is Friday but I wouldn't want to bet my Social Security on the other six days.
  I wanted to touch base with everyone. Thank you for your support this past year. Thank you for standing in the gap for me when I couldn't hold two thoughts together. I have never in my life been this broken. I feel like a jigsaw puzzle that is missing a few pieces. Nothing fits. But that will change with time and I do believe it will happen in 2019. Being willing to accept what cannot be changed is the beginning of healing. 
  I want to thank my daughters, grandchildren, Becky, Darla, Joanie and Barbara and all my friends from long ago. I love you all and am so blessed to have you in my life. I also want to thank all my FaceBook friends that I have built a strong relationship with over these past years. We have never met in person but you probably know me better than my neighbors do and half my family.  I love you all and you are vital to me.  And so important in my life I count on you. When I count my blessings I count you all twice. Here's hoping the New Year is kind to all of us. That we open ourselves to new adventures and new ways to see the old world.  Much love to all, Vicky  

No comments:

Post a Comment