Saturday, April 12, 2014

Thank God this Week is Over!!!



If someone had told me last Monday I would be cooking a Thanksgiving dinner today; I would have laughed and laughed.  In my 'oh so positive attitude'  I get from time to time, I would have made a wager to solidify the fact that 'Mama ain't cookin' a Thanksgiving Dinner... ANY TIME SOON PERIOD!

So much for what I know about my life.  In less than a couple of seconds an incredibly rude squirrel danced across our freezer, in the garage, knocking the plug out of the receptacle.  Unfortunately, we discovered this little secret two days later...at least.  We lost over 200 pounds of meat due to nearly everything thawing...or worse. 

We salvaged a turkey, some corn on the cob, a package of diced apples and two pie crusts; everything else had to be pitched.

As soon as Tommy left this morning to go fishing with the guys, I put the turkey in a roaster. It was done by 11:30. I decided to make a pan of dressing, which led to a double apple pie. Of course we needed a salad and iced tea. I have cooked most of the day.  I sincerely hope when we eat it.. we don't get sick or die from food poisoning; that would be a whole lot of cooking for nothing!  However, the plot thickens; the ending of the week had competition with the beginning of the week.

Wednesday we decided to buy a new riding lawn mower.  It is that time of year again. Our other mower died a long, slow death last summer.   We needed this mower, however getting the mower home became an all day job. Our truck broke down and we had to make a multitude of changes to get everything worked out. I would explain it to you if I understood it myself. I was there the whole time and all I can say is 'it was a cluster mess from the start!'

In the midst all of this craziness, I had another visit from the 'Vertigo Fairy'...who by the way can kiss my wazoo!  Other than all of this crap called 'life' everything else seems to be fine or at least almost normal.  "Normal"... now that is a scary thought:)

No comments:

Post a Comment