Friday, August 22, 2014

First Month in Florida...



A month ago today Lisa had brain surgery;  so much has happened in this short amount of time. I am very thankful to report that not one fear I imagined before surgery occurred. Thank you all for your prayers and support. Your thoughtfulness has made all the difference in our situation.

This isn't a vacation. We stay very close to home.  Time is needed for emotional and physical healing. We are all blessed with a good sense of humor. It has made all the difference in the atmosphere of their home. We laugh a lot...daily. Laughter is one of the best medicines. Thankfully the three of us are readers. Many books have been read this month. None of us care much for television but we all enjoy watching back to back episodes of  "The Big Bang Theory" during dinner. I love that show!



In the above photo,  Lisa opened a box of "Sunshine" from Melodi and Lacey.  Watching her ramble through the box was hilarious.  Lisa was laughing and squealing like a little girl at Christmas. Melodi and Lacey your box of "sunshine" is still talked about...and Foxy thinks you sent the yellow blanket to her.  She is delighted.

Speaking of Foxy, their four legged human, and Mooch their cat ... my new best friend, are a road show forever in the making.


                                           Foxy

                       
                                            Mooch
I love Foxy.  However, I adore Mooch. I can not have a cat at home anymore since Sabella has joined our clan. Sabella is a large German Shepherd and kills any animal the size of a cat or anything smaller. It is just her nature for some unknown reason.   Several years ago Sabella was dropped at our home,( probably because she ate their cat!)  She was about 6 months old and I instantly fell in love with her.  Someone else dropped a mother cat and kittens off close to the same time;  none of them lived. I am enjoying my time with Mooch. She is old, fat and it doesn't take much to make her happy. I totally understand.

The sunrises, sunsets and thunderstorms are amazing. I have about a hundred photos of mirror images of the sky's image in the canal. 


                                    

                                                     a view from the backyard





                                            





When I was in Missouri I walked outside each morning checking on the hummingbirds, my flowers and the yard in general. When I wake up here,  I grab my camera and a cup of coffee and head to the back yard to check on the alligators in the canal.

This has been a month to remember...for many, many reasons. Emotions have been all over the place. I am very thankful for Mother Nature's soothing touch. She can calm a restless soul and scare the crap out of you...almost within seconds of each emotion...
and they call this 'normal' in southwestern Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment