Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012 A Message to My Friends and Family

Good morning friends and family, and welcome 2012. 

I started writing a blog yesterday but I was forcing the words and images to surface and join me.  They wanted to be anywhere else but with me.  So I will spare you the story about my "Fabulous 5 Dollar Tomato Plant."  Hmmm, even I don't want to hear that story!!!  Although the tomatoes were great!

I was at a loss for the right story.  My muse was still hung over from New Years Eve and didn't feel like talking to me.  I hate it when that happens, she has the morals of an alley cat at times!!!!  But I do miss her when she is not around. 

Today, she showed up as I was reading a Face Book page. I read a quote that immediately started a mini movie in my minds eye. The movie was going at warp speed and I had to just stop what I was reading and start jotting down ideas.

I started trading postcards almost a year ago.  I enjoy the cards but I enjoy the people more.  They have become an extended part of my family.  We exchange letters, cards, emails, and talk on face book. We aren't afraid to tell each other the truth when asked a difficult question.  We encourage each other in our life pursuits. I care about these people I have never met and they care about me. 

My husband thinks I am just a tad bit CRAZY in this area.  Maybe other areas too, but this one for sure. He really does not understand the concept of being friends with people you have never met. It is so easy, all anyone has to do is be themselves, open your mind and heart and let the friendships find you. And they will. How long the friendship lasts, no one knows, but that is the same with all friendships. Some people come into our lives for a "reason, others for a season and some for life"


I talk about my friends to him, share stories and he looks at me like I fell out of a tree.  So I have quit sharing my friends with him.  That is fine with Tommy, although I do think he misses the stories. When he asks about someone, I will tell him what is going on in their life--but he has to ask first.


Sometimes I will be staring off into space, and he will say something like, "What country are you in right now?"  When I tell him, he will shake his head and say something like, "sure hope we don't go to war with them!!!"  Or "hope he isn't a terrorists"  One day as I was opening my mail, Tommy said and I quote, "You know the CIA has a file on you, don't you?"  I shot daggers at him and then let it go.  He is just messing with me, like he did when he was a kid.  He doesn't have to understand, as long as I do.

 The following quote is the reason for this blog.  "Family isn't always blood.  It's the people in your life who want you in theirs; the ones who accept you for who you are. The ones who would do anything to see you smile and who love you no matter what."  Author Unknown . I received this from Abran.

That describes my postcard, face book family to a T. In fact, I wish I had written that quote. It is perfect for the people in my life. With all this said, I am closing with my usual ending on face book. Have a wonderful day, make lots of memories and love to all.  2012 is going to be a wonderful year.  I am looking forward to sharing it with all of you.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your blog, and will try to make it here more often. It is amazing how the internet has connected people that otherwise would have never known each other, even if it's not a face to face to meeting. I am now one of your followers, although that sounds creepy. ha ha..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise, welcome to my world, I am glad to have you share the journey.

    ReplyDelete