Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Penis and the Rat

Today is Dec.29, 2011. A rerun of the past year is playing in my mind.  Plans for 2012 are jotted on paper, places to go, people to meet are added daily.  Sketches of the room we intend to build  in the Spring, hang on imaginary cork boards in my mind.  I am excited about the New Year. 

However, today started out a little bit on the rocky side.  As soon as the coffee  brewed, I sat down at my computer to chat with friends and family.  The first news story I read concerns a man in Delhi, India who was hospitalized with some sickness.  While he slept, or tried to sleep, a rat chewed off part of his penis, causing him to die! This was horrible. 

My mind's eye, always has a mini movie, story or blog running around in there, grabbed onto this story and would not let it go. I received visual, after visual, after visual of this heinous act...in color and with music.


Finally, I was ready to mentally release that particular news story when I read another article about a "preacher" who wants all homosexuals executed!!!  To say my blood boiled would be an understatement! 

Our youngest daughter, Melodi is gay. We were shocked when we learned this truth.  It caused major upheavals in everyone's life. No one knew what to do for sure. I knew that I loved Melodi, no matter what and I also knew the war was on in our family.


I have fought this battle for over 13 years. I have fought with Tommy, I have fought with Melodi, I have fought with God, and I have fought with the church. 

I nearly lost Tommy due to our inability to compromise and accept what cannot be changed.  We lost 10 years of Melodi's life. We saw her but not regularly and no where near enough. I didn't loose God but I did loose my desire to go to church.  My pastor was wonderful and supportive to us, he never let us down. I had just had enough and could hear no more. I was on the run.


I got my family back over the course of the last few years. It is wonderful and I am a blessed, happy woman and mother.  Love should know no boundaries.
.
I love my youngest daughter beyond measure. Her sexual preference is her business and is one small part of who she is as woman. She does not parade it around, nor does she deny it. This is simply who she is.


Nearly everyone I know enjoys sex!!  It is a part of human nature. Since when do preachers decide who lives and who dies according to their sexual preferences??  Is this really what we want in America??? 


I've read the Bible through and through several times, looking for answers.  I know what it says.  I also know that in the end,when push comes to shove, the ONLY thing that will keep you from the love of God, is not believing in Him and not accepting Him as your Savior. He will take care of the rest.


His love covers a multitude of sins.  I am counting on that 100%, because right now I know a prick in America that needs to meet a rat in Delhi!!  As far as I am concerned they need to spend some quality time together.  Am I right to feel this way?  Probably not, but then the preacher never met my daughter, her partner or thousands of other people who do not meet his qualifications to live.

Unless you have loved someone who is gay or lesbian you really cannot know the emotions and feelings that are generated. There is no way you can.  Until then...

2 comments:

  1. So excellent! Your daughter is lucky that you're her mom. Cheers to you.

    The Business Tourist

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was shocked and delighted that you took the time to read some of my blog. Thank you. Wish I had seen this sooner.

    ReplyDelete