Monday, April 9, 2012

Everything I Touch Today is Either Broke or Smarter Than Me.....UGh!

Today is one of those days when nothing I do seems right.  I promised  Tommy that I would mow the yard for him while he was helping a friend construct a building in the friend's back yard.  

I should have known better than to make that promise.  My mower, which is a self propelled push mower, works fine. However, I do not want to mow Hell's 2 Acres with a push mower!!!!  Tommy told me to use the old riding mower he used last week. Our new riding mower has a belt off and he hasn't fixed it yet.

Let me give you a little background info on Tommy and our mowers.  I wanted to buy a new one two weeks ago and was vetoed.  For some reason he loves this old mower that should have been pitched 15 years ago.  He is the only person who  can ride that thing.  I know it works, because he just used it.  However, starting it calls for a pick pocket, a car jacker and it wouldn't hurt if the person was a magician also!!  Did I mention it has no brakes??

I filled it up with gas. Checked out the seat because there is a board across the seat where the leather cover used to be. I sat down and was very uncomfortable.  I can't believe he rode this thing for two hours last week! I am gonna get a pillow. You have to weigh enough to keep the seat grounded.....no problem there!!!  For either of us!


Then I looked at all the gadgets that used to be there and I see an old stove knob in the place of something I am sure I need.  Why it is there is because when the doie broke, that is how Tommy fixed it. Works fine for him. Won't budge for me.


I have pushed and pulled everything imaginable on this mower to get it started. Nada!!!   It won't even make a clinking sound like it might work.  Complete silence.  I bet you $20.00 when Tommy get's home tonight, the darn thing starts right up for him.


While I am having a fit on paper, I am also cleaning out the coffee pot with vinegar!  My sinus' have never been as open as they are now. The vinegar has completely out smelled every  candle I had burning in the house. 


My new cell phone is on the charger and I am waiting to see if I can possibly get the SOB to work.  I am not at all hopeful.  I have directions spread out all over my desk. I need to use the computer and the phone to get service.  And I have about 10 other things that need to be done systematically before the sucker works.  Right this minute I can not think of one person I want to talk to bad enough to get caught up in this mess.  But I will.


I hope the little boy in Jefferson City who sold me on this phone has a wonderful day. I also hope he gets caught texting on his phone while in class!!!  


I am about through with my fit.  I am going to try the mower one more time. I need to rinse the coffee pot 2 more times and as for the cell phone----I am going to Tami's tomorrow.  I bet she can have this fixed in just a matter of minutes:)


I hope everyone has a better day than I am. Nothing major wrong here, just nothing or no one is working exactly right.  Things could be a lot worse.  I should be grateful, and I am BUT I gotta admit, I am really, really ticked right now!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment