Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Obamacare Hits Home...



It is common knowledge that the President of the United States and I see the world completely different. I seldom, if ever, agree with him on anything.  I can say the same thing about most politicians in office now. Washington D.C. needs to be purged, hosed down and disinfected. However, this is only my opinion and we all know how much weight this fact carries...one vote to be exact.

Obamacare is front and center in the news and on most people's mind. Insurance, or lack of insurance, effects us all eventually. Tommy and I both have our own insurance and we are satisfied with what we have.

 While I was in California we received a letter from Pres. Obama's team explaining his program and how it affected us. I didn't find out about this until I had been home a week. Tommy and I were watching the news and the news media kept talking about 'letters' that had been sent to the public. I wondered if our letter had been lost in the mail. Tommy said, "No we received a letter while you were gone. I threw it in the trash!" Lightening flashed, the heavens thundered and out poured....

Me  "You threw it in the trash????"
Him  "Yes, as far as I was concerned it didn't pertain to us."
Me  "So what exactly did it say?"
Him  "Same old mumbo jumbo government crap."
Me   "Is our insurance changing?"
Him  "I doubt it."
Me    "But you don't know for sure???"
Him  "It is nothing to worry about."
Me   " Tommy, I think this is one of those letters we should have            read."    
Him  "Well go ahead and worry if it will make you feel better."
Me     Hmmmmm... forty million answers ran through my mind.
           None of them were nice!
           I needed to come up with a game plan before Dec.31...

As for the letter, it is at the bottom of a landfill with thousands of pounds of filth, garbage and junk on top of it. Rest in peace...tomorrow I will find out what that little piece of paper really stated. Truthfully, I hope it was trash.  However, 'something' tells me Tommy  may be wrong this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment