Thursday, June 5, 2014

Painting with Jacy and Logan...



I often say 'it doesn't take much to make me happy'. This statement has become  a life long truth. I am easy to please.  I look for pleasure everywhere I go and when I find happiness, I savor it.  For me it is an easy way to live.

  Life goes by too fast not to make the most of where you are and what you are able to do. Time is not a limitless quantity. There is an expiration date on all of us. 

I have discovered in my life,  happiness often comes in little unplanned spurts. If not followed through they can be gone in a second as a missed opportunity.   I know this to be a fact because it happened to me once again last Thursday. For about an hour I received a blessing, I did not see coming. My grandchildren wanted to paint pictures with me.

Jacy and Logan spent the night with us. Twenty four hours isn't a lot of time to do all the things we had planned. We had a bonfire, roasted hot dogs and got full before we could make the smores. The kids shot bow and arrows, walked all around to see what new things nature had sprouted and played with the dogs. 

Eventually they decided they would like to paint a picture. Jacy picked yellow and orange day lilies  and Logan picked a sail boat on rough water. I was so excited. This is a dream come true for me. Since I was a little girl, I loved art and painting. To share this experience with my grandchildren was a pleasure. Below is the first photo of the kids as they begin to paint. I hope it is the first of many days to come. 

 We have always, finger painted, colored, used kids water colors and at times colored pencils. Thursday was the first time to use my supplies... my canvas', my paints, my brushes, my room. I loved it!

The music was loud, while the kids were quiet as they focused on their projects.  The pictures didn't get completed, however they are waiting for Jacy and Logan's next visit. It was a good day in my corner of the world. What more can a grandmother ask for? Hmmm maybe, just maybe those 'smores' too.

W
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment