Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Lisa's Graduation...






    Of all the photos taken of Lisa on her graduation day;  this is my favorite.  When I look at this picture I see pure joy, immense pride and love...lots of love. 

   As I sat in the crowd waiting for the graduation ceremony to begin; I was surrounded by family, friends and hundreds of strangers.  Soon I found myself watching Lisle, Lisa's husband.  I watched him as he sat in deep thought waiting for the ceremony to begin. He was nervous, excited, proud and probably very tired.  I knew all those feelings first hand. 

   When the graduates entered the Germain Arena, all family eyes were searching for their loved ones as they began to find their seats in the center of the stadium.  We finally spotted Lisa. She was on the other side of the arena but would receive her diploma and descend the stage on our side. We could see her however Lisa had no clue where we were sitting.  It was enough that she knew we were all there somewhere.

   At last everyone is seated and the program begins.  Lisle leans forward with his hands on his knees and his eyes transfixed on Lisa. He watches her intently.  I don't know what he was thinking but I know that look and I was so proud for both of them. He was remembering.  Lisa worked hard for this day.  It was time to enjoy the moment.

   This past year has been a roller coaster ride in their lives. The highs and lows were extreme and continuous. It was anything but easy...and it isn't over yet.

   Now it was my turn to watch Lisa. I remembered moments in her life.  I am very proud of the woman she has become. I held Tommy's hand  remembering little snippets of stories about Lisa and important moments with equal relish. Tommy was doing the same thing. The little girl in Lisa always comes to the forefront in my memory.  Has there ever been a prettier smile?

   Congratulations Lisa Jaye Carter Lewis for receiving your Bachelor of Science in Applied Psychology.  You earned it sweetheart.                                        

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment