Sunday, June 29, 2014

Chasing Rainbows and Splashing in Puddles...





It is the unexpected occurrence's or blessings in life that have always made me want to get up around 5 a.m. in the morning. When I was a little girl, I woke up early because I didn't want to miss anything; not much has changed in 65 years.  I still don't want to miss anything. I like watching the world wake up. It is my time of the day. Rising early last Saturday, not a second was wasted. 

 Tami had her 20 year high school reunion to attend.  I still can't wrap my mind around that fact. The kids and I had the day and most of the night to ourselves. We went swimming at the pool in the afternoon. We were at the pool close to three hours when a rain cloud appeared. It got larger and darker, then it thundered and everyone was through swimming. It was a mass migration of large butted people as the whistle blew. I swear the water level dropped 3 feet after we all got out:)  Lightning occurred once...once was enough. We were on the way to the car in record time.

We drove home, changed clothes; twenty minutes later the first storm passed. Once again, we hopped in the car to get something to eat. As we began eating, the sky started to grow dark again.  We looked for 'visions' in the clouds. We witnessed many cloud formations of animals, people, birds and dragons.  The clouds were ready to play,  changing formations almost as fast as the eye could blink.  The sky continued to grow darker. We made the unanimous decision to get out of 'Dodge' fast.  We were home as soon as the skies opened up and poured torrents of rain.

It stormed for about thirty minutes, stopping as fast as it started. Jacy and I were sitting on the couch drying our hair, when both of us shouted at the same time "RAINBOWS!"  We were out the door in a swoosh of excitement. Jacy grabbed her camera. 

She took some gorgeous pictures of the rainbows. We had a double rainbow for about ten minutes. The second one would fade then peek again as the sun caught its rays.  It was the prettiest sight I had seen in a long time. The colors were vivid. The rainbow stayed in the sky for at least 20 minutes. The house across the street blocked our view of the end of the bow, so once again we were back in the car in search of the 'end of the rainbow.'  At the park we could see it all perfectly. It stirred something fresh, new and alive in both of us.  We were stomping through water puddles. The water was extra warm and in places momentarily deep. Words were not needed because laughter and giggles wrote their own sonnets.



Jacy is jumping for joy as the rainbow slowly began to fade away. The sun played tag with her, causing the rainbow to reemerge but all too soon it was gone.

                                              


The only words I had going through my mind and still are, were parts of I think a Bruno Mars song "I've got the magic in me when I see..." Magic a great word to describe rainbows.


No comments:

Post a Comment