Thursday, July 31, 2014

God Has a Great Sense of Humor...


I have been  praying here lately much more than usual... asking lots of questions, seeking answers to so many controversies in the beautiful world we live in. I have asked a thousand 'why's'.  Nothing has been  received  in black and white...except the Bible, nothing written in stone, smoke or the clouds  nor have I heard an audible voice.  However, I think from time to time I feel a touch of His sense of humor, His love  and I know I have seen  and felt His healing power in my family.

Thanks to my mother and grandparents;  never once did I doubt God's existence or experience a period in my life when I did  not believe in Him.  For that I am a very thankful, sinful person; who believes much better than she behaves. I have said all of this to relay a story that happened over the course of the past two days.

I was sitting outside yesterday enjoying the sound of what I thought were exotic, mysterious unseen birds. I had visions in my mind of parrots with their bold flamboyant feathers. Their chirps sounded beautiful to my ears. Turns out they were starlings and back home in Missouri we shoot them as 'nuisance birds!  Hmmmm...  they sound better down here however, when I asked  Lisle about them he says " We hate those birds down here too".  It looks like to me that 1,500 miles for some things just doesn't make any difference. So it is with people and problems in life. At daylight, the starling sounds enjoyable by 3 p.m. the neighborhood  is ready to shoot them out of the trees. It makes me think of the nature of mankind. Has there ever been one day when the inhabitants of this earth didn't kill each other...no...not in my lifetime.

Tuesday I was once again enjoying things in nature I seldom see in Missouri.  I photographed a banana tree in our back yard. It has stalks of bananas hanging everywhere.  As I looked I noticed that all of the bananas grow upward instead of how I thought they should grow...all facing down. I was thinking to myself, "so God, why did you make the bananas grow up instead of down??"

I felt a warm laugh occur. In my head I heard, "of all the problems in the world you are concerned about the direction a banana grows!!"  That remark was probably me talking to me but the warm laugh...that belonged to Him.













No comments:

Post a Comment