Sunday, February 1, 2015

Super Bowl Sunday Isn't so Super Around Here ...

   Today is sort of a goof ball kind of day.  In fact, everything that could have gone wrong did not...and that is a good thing. However the potential hung in the air like a lead filled balloon. The snow we were supposed to get turned out to be mostly  rain. Lots and lots of rain! It is grey and muddy outside. We did get a smidge of snow early this morning but the rain has washed it away. More snow is in the forecast and I will believe this when I see it.

   Today is Super Bowl Sunday. I don't have a dog in this race however, I am rooting for Seattle...simply because that handsome, awesome quarterback Tom Brady needs to leave his balls alone!!

   I have had a mental slump these past two days,  just a tad off kilter. In fact, I am a tad bit exasperated to say the least.  The last time we were in town Tommy and I purchased a vacuum cleaner from our local big box store. As usual it needed to be assembled. The directions were printed out for us with big red arrows to show where each piece should be placed...heavy emphasis on the words 'should be placed.'  The first day it took about two hours to assemble the vacuum cleaner.  Not one piece fit exactly like the pictures and red arrows indicated. In theory this green machine should work. In reality it looked like we would be returning it the next day. Finally, I could turn it on without some part falling off.  Actually, it  worked great, sucking up every bit of Sabella's winter coat, she had dropped in the living room and den.  In  about thirty minutes we had to take the vacuum cleaner apart to clean it. Then we had to put it back together again. Sounds easy, doesn't it?  We had already done it once, we should be able to do this without any trouble.  WRONG!  It was the same scenario all over again.  We finally got all the parts together and I left it standing by the back door...with the receipt and its box within arms reach. Nothing fell off of it during the night.

   The second day I vacuumed taking it apart when I was through to clean it. I reassembled the darn thing...twice,  setting it by the back door. Once again, all the parts stayed on the vacuum cleaner!  I did move the box to my art room and stuck the receipt inside...just in case.

   Maybe I am jaded, spoiled or simply used to instant gratification!!!  It seems to me that if a person buys something to make their life easier...then that is exactly what it should do.  Parts should fit and clean up should be easy. There should be no war like atmosphere in the house while using the contraption.  I am giving it one more week to adjust to the Carter household or back it goes to China!

   As for the Super Bowl, we will watch the game while we eat something delicious. I will talk back to the sports commentators. And Tommy will roll his eyes or laugh because he thinks I am the worse referee he has ever seen. I beg to differ...

No comments:

Post a Comment