Thursday, December 9, 2010

-------So Much for Discipline!!!

      Yesterday was a great day. Tommy and I finished our Christmas shopping. Ate a great catfish dinner and just enjoyed being together. We only had one "near miss" while shopping. He picked out a gray beret for one of the girls. None of us wear berets. I put it back--he was totally perplexed why I did that and picked it up again. Same scenario happens again. We finally agreed on something else.  10 to 1 odds, I get a gray beret for Christmas!!!!

    We had company later on last night, and THEN I remembered the "Discipline B.S." I have been attempting to do. I wrote a short blog note and in the process, I not only lost my profile picture, the gadget called "About Me" suddenly appeared under the title of this blog AND I lost my blog that I had just written!!!! And then "About Me" was also deleted...What a friggin mess!! So I called Tami and laid the ole "Honey, I was in labor with you for 26 hours---can you please fix my blog--again"  And sweetheart that she is, she came to my rescue and fixed it all for me. I couldn't do without her!! 

   The only thing I couldn't retrieve was the blog. By that time, I no longer wanted to talk or write to anyone. Soooo undisciplined person that I am---I went to bed---and slept wonderfully !! I have decided that I am a work in progress. I still want to be more disciplined in most areas of my life BUT I want alot of leeway too!

   P.S. Tami told me that old "I gave birth to you routine" is only gonna work so long----if I can get another 20 years out of it I will be a happy camper. Maybe by then, I will have learned how to use a computer!!

3 comments:

  1. HAHAHA!!!! Keep in mind, Mama...progress, not perfection! :) Writing is fun; don't make it a chore. PS: I'm putting password protection on all of your stuff. You'll finally have to CALL ME for permission...how's that for sweet justice! Bahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, Tami is wrong! You can do the Mom-Guilt thing as long as you're kickin'. You and Tami did a great job setting up this blog. I've only read this one post but I love it already. If you need help with anything (simple)and Tami won't be moved by guilt, just email me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tami is right. Writing should never be a chore...unless maybe you are being paid to do it! I usually posted on my blog when the mood struck and it became a lovely hobby.

    ReplyDelete