Friday, December 24, 2010

A Tale of Two Weathermen

            Good morning everyone and a Merry Christmas to you all. Our Christmas is going to be a "white Christmas" for sure.  It started snowing about 4:30 this morning, The snow is steadily coming down. We have been tracking this storm all week. No one really knew for sure when it was going to hit or how much we would receive, guesstimations varied from news channel to news channel. Also from day to day. I worry about the people traveling. Melodi, Jen and Pamela are coming in from Kansas City. I-70 is not known for being kind to travelers.  We are leaving here about 9 and we will all meet up at Tami's house. It is just an hour drive for us.

          Tommy and I have two different local channels that we watch. His and Hers!!!  His "weatherman" is always jolly,optimistic and seldom right. The "Flood of 93", was predicted by him, "to be breezy, significant rainfall. But nothing to really worry about!!" Homes were washed away!! Dams broke and water was everywhere all summer long. At times I-70 was closed due to sandbagging and water over the road.

        My weatherman is just the opposite. He is more the variety of "war,death and famine". He thought the "Flood of 93" would be the end of civilization as we knew it!!!  BUT he did tell us to prepare for the worst and hope for the best. He insisted that his viewers stock up on water, and food staples to get us through the worst of it---in case trucks couldn't get to the stores. That was a good idea and paid off at my house. However, life still continues, so he was wrong in that area.

         Tommy's weather guy says it "will be some accumulation of between 2-4 inches. He is leaning more to the 3 inch limit." My guy says 3-5 and is leaning more to the 5 inch amount. I don't  know which one will prove to be right. Neither do they. But I am betting on my guy.

         I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas. I wish for each of you---good health, a memorable moment, to always help you remember the Christmas of 2010. And I hope it is a good memory. One that puts a smile on your face, every time you think about it in the coming years. Our memories are really what life is all about.

        And I am wishing that Tommy's weatherman is right today!!! But just in case, I am going to wake Tommy up with coffee in bed----hoping that will get us on the road sooner.

        

   

        

No comments:

Post a Comment