Monday, April 4, 2011

I Will be so Glad When this Day is Over!!!!

          Today is Monday and in the twelve hours that I have been awake, I swear it should already be Wednesday.!!  One long-long-long day!!!

         It was off kilter this morning by 7 a.m. and has gone down hill steadily. It had stormed last night and blew off part of our green tin roof!!  It is hanging by a bolt and has banged off and on all day, due to the wind gusts we have had.  I woke Tommy up to let him know about the damage.  "Yep, the wind did a job last night" he said and went back inside.  Fixed himself a cup of coffee and put on a "Turkey Tape".  First sign this is not gonna be a great day!!! 

        My husband is an avid hunter and fisherman. He loves it. When he isn't hunting or fishing, he is usually watching it on t.v.  At 7 a.m. I can only take so many turkey gobbles and I am ready to shoot the t.v.---put that bird out of his misery!!!!  

       This morning was no exception. I merely mentioned that we really needed to get the roof fixed today. Just about that time the hunter on the tape shoots, and Tommy is looking at me instead of the t.v. Tommy missed seeing that bird die --again.  You would have thought, we missed the 2nd coming!!!!   

      This is a tape he is watching---that same bird has died for the last 10 years--never varies---never lives--always "gobbble gobble gobble" bang-- bang dead bird!!! 

      I take my coffee and go outside to fix the roof!!!  I have my rubber knee boots on, because the mud is so deep and messy. My plan was to throw something up on the house to keep the tin still.  What a plan!!  Everything heavy enough to keep the tin down, I couldn't throw.  It was too muddy to drag out a ladder so I went back inside....temporarily defeated.  And just a tad bit ticked off!!

        About this time, I needed to make a phone call---only to find both of our phones are dead. Once again I must interrupt his one man hunting adventure. He is not really excited to hear anything I have to say today.  But that doesn't stop me. He checks the phones, sure enough, they are dead.

       Since Tommy never throws anything away, we dug up a push button phone we had when Melodi was in high school. (she is 31) Hooked it up and it works fine. Then we remembered we needed an answering machine....found it beside the avocado green princess phone that I don't ever remember owning. As far as we know it works too. No one has left a message yet and truthfully, right this minute there is no one I want to talk to bad enough to find out if the damn machine works or not!!

        In Tommy's defense, turkey season opens April 18th and he is very excited. Our lives will resume some form of normalcy when he gets his birds or the season ends. Until then, this is our lives. 

       I am sure the roof will get fixed---but not this week...because about an hour ago, I overheard a phone conversation Tommy was having with family in Tennessee and we are leaving Thursday and will be back Sunday.  He is going turkey hunting in Tennessee.  News to me.

       Which is fine, since I  want to see my Dad and our families.   Would have been nice to know though, instead of overhearing it.  Tommy usually doesn't do things like that--- and there was nothing wrong with this.  It was just a lousy day and that didn't help.

       As far as I know we are going in the same car. If by chance he takes a turkey call to practice with on the trip----I am throwing it out the window.  I am also taking enough money with me so if I get put out in St. Louis. I will have a great weekend!

       Tomorrow will be better. Tommy just bought me a chocolate ice cream cone---tonight looks like it is taking a turn for the better too.  I'm still taking extra money just in case.
      

1 comment:

  1. That is hilarious and I can see every minute play out! Enjoy St. Louis!!! Lmao!

    ReplyDelete