Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Mirror Images

Over the past few years I have found that I enjoy looking for and taking "mirror images".  For me they have a beauty all their own. 

In a way, I am taking a picture of nature's own photograph.  The image is there.  The oddity caught by an outsider, while nature paints her own canvas.

Here are a few of the many "mirror images" I have taken and collected from friends and relatives. Lisle Lewis, my son in law, and son of my heart, gave me some beautiful shots.  Florida, because of all the water is a photographer's paradise.



These are pictures of dawn and sunset. Pictures  following an afternoon storm and various other times of the day.  Each one repeating the same story---nature's art work told twice.




Lisle took this picture of a Royal Poinciana found on Marco Island. The fluid colors of the reflection remind me of a Monet painting.


This shot does not do the scenery justice. We were driving along and spotted a red waterlily.  I jumped out of the car, ran in a strangers back yard and snapped the picture. The next day, there were two red lilies but we decided not to push our luck.


                
                                   

I bought this postcard. I loved everything about it. I would give the photographer credit but I have no idea who took it. Whoever it was, was blessed twice. Once to be in the presence of such beauty. And twice to capture it so beautifully on camera.


There could be no photo story told without the ocean. Why I live in a land locked state I will never know!!  The ocean does for me what nothing else can do. It relaxes my mind and lets creativity flow.  It erases anger that has built up inside of me without me even being aware.

I love it and fear it at the same time. Like everything in my life there is always another side of the same story.  Some day, I know in my heart I will live by the ocean, if only for a short time and I will thrive as never before.

                                   






                                                                          


                                                                                                                                                      

.









No comments:

Post a Comment