Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Meet the Author: T.K. Carter Saturday, Oct. 18 from 10:30 am-11:30 am...



I spent last weekend with Tami, Jacy and Logan.  On Friday night we had Bible study at Tami's home in Centralia. There was a good crowd and I met a lot of people I really liked and admired. I also received good 'food for thought.'

The following morning we had to be up early to make a trip to Columbia. Tami was the guest speaker at the Boone County Historical Society at 10:30.  She was a little bit nervous because she had told several people she was speaking at the Boone County Humane Society!  There would be a huge difference in the audience and location.   As we were driving along to Columbia, I asked Tami if she wanted to talk or be quiet and collect her thoughts.  We ended up doing a little of both.  We laughed a lot when we imagined what would happen if people really did show up at the Humane Society. In fact we half way made a plan...just in case.

It was my first time to visit the Historical Society and I was amazed at how beautiful and interesting the buildings and grounds appeared.  The Society meets the third Saturday of the month and I will attend more often. 


Tami set up her table while I was wandering around checking the place out.  Half way through my 'tour' I remembered Tami and went to help. She did not need me at all. I was there for moral support,  and I was having a wonderful time. Tami was delighted

                                          


  Below is a photo of  the entrance to the Boone County Historical Museum.

                               



We met several patrons of the society and authors. Susan Finlay was a big help with everything going on that day. She made us really feel at home. Susan is also an author and writes a blog, interviewing authors. She is a very talented lady and eager to help others.



 After we left the speaking engagement; which was awesome by the way.  Tami was relaxed, funny, informative and read some from her book "Three Meals to Anarchy" which is the second book in her Yellow Flag Series.  Refreshments were served and questions asked, and friends were made. As a bonus many of Tami's books were sold.

                                     

Joey took us to Red Lobster for lunch. We met up with Jody Paschel and Mikey Baker, who were at a 'dog store'  downtown waiting for Tami!!   They are such a hot mess... we laughed through most of the dinner.  Mikey  had a photo of the pet store to prove they were waiting for Tami to arrive.

After lunch, we went to the Unity Church where Tami was speaking  with a group of writers. The panel gave advice on writing and answered questions any author in the audience might have. I learned several things from the group...and I met one of my favorite authors Liz Schulte who writes the "Guardian Trilogy".


                                             



                                                    
                                                                            
                    
                                                  Fan Struck me and very kind  Liz Schulte


                                                                            

I am always on the lookout for a new author and I found one Saturday.  Robin Tidwell, who writes women's dystopian novels. I bought the first novel, "Reduced" and intend  to buy the other two in the series soon.

                                  

                                           

Wandering around the Unity Church, I found a beautiful place with something for everyone. I sat in a quiet chapel and listened to the silence.  I marveled at the day and how blessed I was to share it with Tami and many wonderful people.

                              

                    



 

No comments:

Post a Comment