Sunday, October 12, 2014

It Is What It Is...




I am not a very happy camper right now!  Someone may have hacked our bank account.  I had no clue until yesterday when I received a new debit card in the mail, and a letter explaining that we are at a 'high probability to have been used by hackers,' evidently because of some place or places we have  shopped. The bank sent us a new debit card and we are going in Tuesday to see what everything looks like. Wouldn't you know Monday is a holiday.

The bright side, if there is a bright side, is that we have a new security plan in place.  It will take a little bit of time to get things straightened out but eventually it will be fine...not as handy but safer and fine.

I am writing this because if it can happen to us...it can happen to anyone.  Stop and rethink your spending habits and who has your permanent online information. I will not pay bills or shop on line again. I loved the convenience but in reality I do not think it was worth the price.  Lesson learned.  Take care you never know who is up to no good.

No comments:

Post a Comment