Tuesday, January 6, 2015

It is That Time of Year...Again




   Today is the sixth of January and I still have not decided what I want to accomplish  this year.  I am one of those people who always...ALWAYS has a plan and a list of some kind.  I also have a 'Plan B' in case the first plan fails... Things are different this year. I cannot decide what I want to accomplish in 2015.  I can't decide where I want to go or what I want to do when I get there. I can't even decide what I want for breakfast!  For me that is pitiful and a little scary.

   Tommy is no help. He never has a plan.  He is easy going and never worries about the future or what we need to accomplish.  He will wake up some morning and have a brilliant idea for the day or the week; and off we will go on some unforeseen adventure. I really do enjoy those days and the spontaneity that accompanies those adventures. I wish they happened more often.   Once, years ago, we woke up one morning and decided to go look for wild horses in southern Missouri. It turned out to be a good adventure.  I am not 100% sure we found the wild horses. I lean more toward some farmer's herd of horses is what we probably found and photographed.  However, there is a chance we really did find those elusive horses. Regardless, it was a good adventure and in my mind those horses were indeed wild.

   Perhaps we will just 'wing it' this year. Instead of making plans we will let life happen and see what the results will be.  Even typing those words makes my palms sweat.  I will have to have a little list on the side...just in case.  I hate to waste a day. To me if I do not accomplish at least one thing in a day,  I have wasted 24 hours of my life that I will never get back.  That statement might be a bit anal retentive but in my case it is true.

   We shall see how the new year plays out. I am excited about it. That much I know for sure. I am pretty sure my year includes more writing, trying to master watercolor painting once again, raising chickens and container gardening.  And then there is always... oh yeah, here we go---come on plans. I have my journal ready. By the way, what took you so long?

                                                

2 comments:

  1. I have decided to wing it also this year. I don't usually make plans. I find that when I do, I change my mind or life changes them for me. I am more of a procrastinator and want to change that this year. Thus far, I am not doing a good job of it. I also want to get back to watercolor and crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the madness!! Thank you for reading my mind. There are so many projects I want to do. I too am a procrastinator and I am disorganized. I have 40 million projects to finish from last year. Without a list of some kind I get lost. With a list...I get lost! I am a work in progress:) Good luck with the watercolor and crochet. I love water color paintings but I am not worth a flip at it. Someday I hope to get the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete