Thursday, January 13, 2011

Missouri Winters After Retirement---or What to Wear When it is -2!!!

          I have never really been a "fashion bug". I always dressed appropriately for work. Meaning jeans and a top without buttons down the  front, in case I was involved in a take down--I didn't want my clothes  ripped off--or at least ripped off easily,since I worked in a mental health facility, where the unexpected was the norm.

 Casual and comfortable have been my code for buying clothes. I do have to admit to having a strong addiction for long sleeved black tee shirts. I have seldom seen one, that did not follow me home--somehow. 

        However, all that has changed since I have retired. Jeans have been traded for sweats and leggings, unless I am going to town. Flannels and sweatshirts abound.  And I am now the proud owner of my own set of Dickies. No longer do I wear Tommy's---I have my own. Thank God!!!!  I go everywhere in them, and don't think a thing about it. It is freezing cold, snow on the ground and a wind chill way below zero. Why on earth didn't I think like this before? 

      If a photo speaks a thousands words ....this photo should speak volumes and be good for many a laugh!!  This is me--post retirement, and I couldn't be happier. My dogs Sandy and Sabella, like the new me. They spend most of their time in the house with us.

      The wood stove keeps us toasty. A good book makes my day, and the coffee is always just a minute away from being made. Life is good. It really doesn't take much to make me happy.

 

1 comment:

  1. As I read your blog today guess what I'm wearing: my long-sleeved black tshirt and loden-green Dickies!! Last summer I also bought my first pair of Dickies, just for me...Is it just me, or am I glad to see pants with a waistline (such as it is) again?! Love the photo, too. Thanks for another fun-one.

    ReplyDelete