Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Oddest Question of the Day....



I was asked today by a follower on another blog site, where I see myself in 5 years or 20 years.  Evidently the young man does not know how old I am because the answer could easily be 'Dead"!

The more I thought about it the less 'dead' came to mind.....and that is a good thing as far as I am concerned.  I began to think of things I still want to do. Things I want to accomplish and one new life style I still want to live. 

I have always wanted to go to Italy and Greece. Some of my ancestors originated from these lovely countries. I want to see these places for myself. There is a small island off the coast of Greece named 'Mykonos' where people from Mamamae's side of the family originated. It is located in the middle of the Aegean Sea. I would like to spend an 'off season' there. The old part of the island is what I am interested in most. I hope to live there for about 6 months and get to know a piece of my culture long buried and unknown to me. I would like to photograph and write about what I discover. I think it would be a chance of a lifetime to take my grandchildren with me.

I also want to live in Key West for about a year. There is an eclectic group of people from all walks of life who live there. I want to join them. I intend to drink Margarita's at sunset. I want to paint the ocean and beach in the hateful watercolor form that I adore and cannot do! If I am going to throw caution to the wind, then the Keys is the place to do it. I will try and experiment with foods I have yet to try, clothes I have yet to wear. We will live sparsely in a rented house or perhaps just a rented room.....but a room with a view. Tommy will fish anytime he desires. We will enjoy the dawn and the sunsets together. I will let my hair go natural and enjoy the change.

I will check out Hemingway's haunts. Search for his cat, Snowball's descendants who had six or seven toes.  I think they are protected and live in the old Hemingway home. I will make a serious effort to obtain one of these cats. 

I will spend time walking the beach, one of my favorite things in life. My muse will feel at home. The stories will flow off the ocean breeze.  I will read anytime I wish. We will all be happy when I am an old lady loving life all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment