Thursday, December 5, 2013

Thank You All for Reading my Blog...It has been Three Years...


I began writing my first blog on December 6, 2010.  I can not believe it has been three years.  Actually, I would not have remembered this date except my good friend, Nalini Mohammed, who lives in Trinidad, brought it to my attention.  I am very thankful Nalini reminded me. The date would have passed, unnoticed by me.  Celebrating life is important. I think each milestone in life should be enjoyed, remembered and commemorated with family and friends. This is what I am doing today...remembering and giving thanks to family and friends for taking the time to read my mind and sharing my life.

When I started this blog, my mother was heavy on my mind. She had died in May of 2009 and I missed her terribly.  Alzheimer's claimed her life, one brain cell at a time. I watched her loose her memories, her body functions, her essence and finally her life.  It was the hardest five years of my life.

I would sit with her and try to remember every story she had told me. Her stories had to live on. I did not want Mama to be forgotten. So I began to write, only to realize Mama's stories were her stories and most of them she kept close to her heart. When I wrote about her I had to be careful what I said.  There have been several stories I wrote and did not publish. They belonged to only our family. I know I make her laugh when I tell stories about her driving:)  I can hear her say, "Vicky Kay!!! don't write that??" and then she laughs. She should, Mama was the worst driver...ever. I will never run out of writing material as long as I remember Mama's driving skills. I do not have peace when I write personal stories in Mama's life so I changed my goals.





Instead of Mama's  life, I decided to write about my life and the life I have with Tommy. I want our story recorded for our grandchildren and great grandchildren and family on down the line. This is important to me. Some day,  when I have been dead fifty or one hundred years, I hope one of our descendents reads our story and says, " WOW that explains a lot!!!  I really wish I could have known those crazy people! or " I am so glad 'Nonnie' wrote these stories down for us to share...now I understand  cranky old Uncle Dan." Then I hope they start noticing character traits we have and they share. I hope every generation has one green eyed, left handed, curly headed little boy or girl. I also wish there will always be a black headed, brown eyed music loving hunter in the group. I hope they all laugh easy and often. When they fall in love, I hope it is forever.  I wish them adventures, excitement and a sense of wonder. I hope they love the Creator of this amazing world with all their heart.

I also want to thank my readers for taking the time to share my life. Close to 20,000 people have read my stories and many of my readers are  located in countries all over the world. People from Trinidad and Tobago, Canada, Ireland,  Portugal, Italy, India, Algeria, England, Germany, France, Japan, Mexico,  Ghana, Vietnam, South Korea, Philippines, Brazil and Russia and many other countries. Following the United States, Russia comes in second in reading this blog. It thrills my heart, making  me happy and humble at the same time. Thank you.

I look forward to writing more stories. I have lived a long time...I have many memories yet to share. I bet my daughters are cringing on that statement:) I do have a tendency to speak very frankly and at times very personal about our lives; that is the way I talk. When you read this blog, you have had a conversation with me. We could easily be sitting in a restaurant or side walk cafe, in my sun room, or an airport lounge ( I do love those places). We would be sharing our stories over a cup of hot coffee and maybe a cinnamon bun. We would laugh more than cry. I have been blessed with a very humorous life. I do crazy extremely well and I am not ashamed to admit it or share it.   Thank you all again for making these past three years very memorable for me. God bless. 

                                       
                                   Jacy's 12th  Birthday 2013

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on this milestone!

    Writing can be therapeutic. It gives us a chance to express thoughts and narrate stories to connect with others. Reading is as equally as beneficial. It gives us a chance to identify with emotions and situations which helps us to remember that we are not alone in this world. Someone, somewhere, has experienced something similar.

    Keep up the good work of passing your memories on to your family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you my friend. I have enjoyed the ride:)

    ReplyDelete