Tuesday, May 5, 2015

The Aspirin and the Xanax...

 
   Today was one of those days when I never showed up to play with the rest of the world. I intended to, it just did not happen. The 'something shiny syndrome' was in rare form; messing with my mind, my attention span and my common sense. In reality, I had too much work to accomplish and a short span of time to get everything done. The grandchildren, Jacy and Logan, were coming to our home and I wanted everything to be perfect. Jacy and Logan wanted to spend time with us and the house really didn't matter to them one way or the other.  However, it mattered to me. Logan is allergic to nearly everything in our home. That is why we go see them.  Logan had a bad asthma attack at our house once and his lungs nearly seized up. He had to go to the emergency room. I am terrified of a repeat performance.
 
   I was on a mission. It looked more like I was killing snakes than cleaning house. Hours later,  the house looked to suit me. However, I was all wired up and running on empty, when I finally sat down to take a break.  I looked over at the daisy's Tommy bought me a few days ago and they looked a little on the droopy side. I decided to give them fresh water and a baby aspirin and while I was at it, I thought I'd take a much needed Xanax. Sounded simple. It was an easy fix for droopy flowers and a stressed out crazy woman with her hair on fire.  But no---no--no, not in this household.  By accident I gave the Xanax to the daisies and I took the baby aspirin!!  I sat down in my recliner to relax.  Thirty minutes later, nothing had changed. The flowers were still droopy and I was still wired!!  I waited and read for another hour. I was calmer but not by much.  Finally, I got up and checked on the flowers.  A few white daisies looked dead from where I was sitting.  As I removed the dead daisies, I saw a little blue pill at the bottom of the vase...slowly dissolving in the water.
 
   A string of obscenities may have exploded from my lips. I hope not but I am inclined to believe it happened. I returned to the kitchen and got the right pill for me and a glass of tea.  Later, as I looked at the flowers, they had perked up a little.  Although  the white daisy's died; every other color stood a little straighter and almost smiled. The knot in my chest was gone and my mind had slowed down to a normal pace.  Whatever 'normal' is in this world!
 
   I called it a day.  I was through working!  About that time, Tommy opens the back door and wants to know if I would help him mow the yard.  "Why yes I will darlin'...I live to mow the yard", I said as I slipped on my sandals, grabbed us two bottles of water and sauntered out the back door.  I mowed and I never once got out of second gear.  That was as fast as I wanted to move for the next three hours. Finally, we called it a day...and what a day it was!
 
 
 
 
 
 
    


No comments:

Post a Comment