Monday, August 1, 2011

There is a Bad Moon on the Rise


I woke up this morning and I was in a bad mood before my feet touched the floor. Something rare for me.

 In fact, I had gone to bed mad, because the last bit of fodder I heard before sleep, was an announcement that our "leaders" had reached an agreement to cut our military budget by 50%.  There was more bull stated but I could not get beyond that one statement.

The bill will pass, and gradually over the next few months the American public will learn what "the bill" really means. All the "hidden" taxes, loopholes and deals made behind closed doors.


Most arguments I can usually see both sides, but this atrocity, this lack of total regard for our nation, baffles me. It sickens me, and there is no way anyone will ever make me believe this is a good decision. 


How quickly we forgot 9-11, when fanatical terrorists declared war on "the Great Satan". They swore to "erase us from the face of the earth". They vowed jihad on the United States.  They have not changed their minds. 

Our leaders, on the other hand, have short memories.  Their words fly as easy as a dead leaf.  Their promises and vows to keep America safe smell like wormwood.  We are surrounded by enemies without and within. Yet our leaders want to cut our Defense Budget. I can not see where this is in the best interest for my country, my future or my children's future.


Truthfully, I feel like we are all part of a human chess game.  The American people are the pawns, the military the rooks, knights and bishops.  All players working and sacrificing to protect the King. 

Let us hope we win this game. Throughout  history many empires have fallen, most started by erosion on the inside. Let us hope we can stop this erosion before it spreads.




Stop it before it is too late.  Before someone, somewhere calls "Check Mate" and the other side blinks.




No comments:

Post a Comment