Sunday, August 26, 2012

My Morning Would have Pissed off the Pope!!!




I probably shouldn't complain about the little annoyances in life, however those little thorns in my side are the very ones that piss me off the most!!!

It is what I call the "domino effect".   One little thing goes wrong, that leads to another and then another and before it is all over---Wham!!!  It is the makings of a less than perfect day, to say the least!  What is worse----none of it really matters.  It just is what it is and  nothing more.  I can say that now, however three hours ago, I was far, far from saying anything even remotely close to this.

I had too little sleep and way too much coffee.  I was in the process of getting ready to go home.  It was raining and everyone was thrilled.  I ran to the store to get Tami some milk.  I bring the milk back and  I race out of her house because the rain is getting harder and I need to get home.  My black purse was in the front seat.  My night bag was on Tami's coffee table.  I remember this 17 miles down the road.  No big deal, I turn around and go back to Tami's for the 2nd time that morning. 

 I get there, get the bag, grab a cupcake ----give kisses all around and I am out the door---going nowhere fast!!!  My ignition switch locks up on me.  We have meant to get this problem fixed for a year.  Today push has come to shove and it has got to be fixed.  I am trying my best to make my key line up with the switch. Nada!!!  No way was it gonna budge. I was just about to call Tommy when I think, " maybe a fresh pair of eyes can help" so I go back in, scare the snot out of Tami.  She thinks I have gone, has her ear buds in and is working on her paper she has to write. Evidently, she did not hear me when I stormed up her stairs yelling, ' this is the worst freaking morning I have had in a long time".

She is so sweet, tells me to calm down and goes out to check the ignition switch.  After a few tries she gets it lined up and the engine turns over.  She jumps out and tells me not to stop on the way home......like I would.

I am once again in the car headed out of Centralia when I see a car off the road on the left side and a frantic woman waving down traffic. A black pickup stops and she is waving her arms and the guy drives off.  The lady is short and stocky. She is wearing a black tube top and shorts. She has short blond hair and is unsteady on her feet.  I assumed she was drunk.  She tried to get in her car and missed her step somehow and falls on her back on the rocks and rolls under her car.  Her arms were flailing around, like she was trying to do the back stoke to get out from under the car. More traffic is approaching her side of the road.  I am afraid she will get out and try and flag down someone else.  I can't stop because my car may not start again.  There we would both be and I am not sure what it wrong with her.  I call Tami and ask her to call the cops in Centralia .  Someone needs to check on her before she gets hurt. 

When Tami answers the phone there is a little "what now" in her voice.  I explain what is going on and she tells me NOT to stop ----keep going, she will call the cops. Good, that made me feel better.

The rain started to pick up some.  Wonderful, we need it so bad.  However my right windshield wiper needed to be changed.  The new ones are in the back seat. S$$T!!!!!   I am going home!!!  I do not care. As long as I can see, and I can I am on my way!!!

I get there just as Tommy is about to leave to go help Jody fix his transmission.  He is in his truck.  I jump out of the car and tell him my story.  He tells me to hurry up Jody is waiting on him.  I sigh a huge sigh from the bottom of  my toes.  I am home.  It hasn't rained one little drop here. It is cloudy but hot.  Hopefully the rain will find us this afternoon or tonight. Tommy is gone, I have the house to myself and I have just vented my little heart out!!!  I feel better. I am going to eat a grilled cheese sandwich and take a hot shower--then I am going to bed, read until I get sleepy and hopefully when I wake up ----my world will be back in sync. One can only hope. I am a big believer in starting over. Worst case scenario, I can do this until I get it right, after all I am home---FINALLY!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I know this all too well! Why we do these things to ourselves...???

    ReplyDelete