Thursday, August 2, 2012

One Way to Relieve Stress While Moving....

For about the past three or four weeks we have been in the process of helping Melodi move to California. So many funny things have happened.  It is hard to know where to start in telling a story.  

However, today has been the hardest, most nerve wracking day so far.  Waiting--waiting and waiting some more.  I had plenty to do and I did it all, but finished in record time. I do not wait well at all!   My better half has watched the Olympics --All Day Long!!!  It is 8 p.m. and he is looking for his suitcase.  Have I seen it?  Yes!  Do I know where it is right now, no! Does he know where it is --NO!!!  But he did come out of the hunting room with another tent. We have a new one that sets up in a minute. Sleeps 6 and he wants to take the old tent that nearly caused a heat stroke and a divorce the last time we tried to put it together.  I promise myself--that old tent is not going! We are planning on camping in the Redwood Forrest and in Oregon and maybe in Idaho.  Only if the temperature is cool.

He found his suitcase, thank you Jesus!!!  The old tent went back and out came the clothes.  I don't care what he takes as long as he puts something in that suitcase before tomorrow morning!!  This is just like trying to herd cats---it can't be done.  He just ran out the back door to throw something away. Now that really makes me nervous!!!   Tommy never throws anything away.

Once we get on the road, bam--everything will be fine.  All I have to do is make it through the night, without committing a crime.  I am a big girl---I can do this.


When I was at Melodi's and we were tired and needed a break we either watched "The Big Bang Theory" or played with the dogs. Both ideas worked wonders.  


We were getting stressed, needed to drink some water when Melodi found her remote control truck.  Talk about a sweet toy!!!  This is nice.  Melodi looked at me and asked if I wanted to see something funny.  Absolutely, I wanted to see something funny, out comes the remote controlled big, bad blue truck.

The boys were on the couch sleeping until they heard the buzz of the truck.  Ears up, ready to attack were 2 cute little 8 pound dogs,
Grizz and Bear to be exact.

                                           
To say the boys hate the truck is an understatement.  As soon as they saw it, they were in attack mode.

                    

Until the truck got too close, too fast and they found themselves in an awkward retreat.  Every where they went, the truck was there.


 It was exactly what we needed to relax and forget about the pressure of packing and trying to beat a deadline.  Mel, chased the boys and we laughed until we cried. As soon as the truck stopped, Grizz and Bear were there to show it who was boss.  All Melodi had to do was rev the motor and the boys were headed for the couch, where the truck could not reach them. 

We enjoyed their playtime and it was a blessing for us.

Now if I could just get a big blue truck and chase Tommy for about an hour I would feel so much better.

Since that isn't happening, if I had ruby slippers I could click them together and one of us would end up in Kansas.  Ugh, I wouldn't wish that on anyone.  So I guess I will go watch the Olympics and play nice. While I am playing nice I will be thinking of the big blue truck and smiling to myself.

1 comment:

  1. Good one. Loving dogs I was ROFLOL at the blue truck, Grizz and Bear. Ours barks at clothes swinging on the line, and barks some more. Enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete