Thursday, August 23, 2012

Welcome Home Vicky




Today is the first day since we returned from vacation where I do not have to go somewhere or have an obligation to fulfill. The first three days home we slept most of the time. Our bodies were tired so those 3 days do not count. I barely remember them. Yesterday I began my 43 year ritual, to reclaim my home and make my "nest".

I love traveling. Mention the word 'go' and I am ready. However sooner or later while I am traveling, especially while I am on the return trip, my thoughts seek out  my home. I start to miss it.  I will see something I like and I am ready to change the look of my house.  This never fails to happen. This begins the "nesting mode."

I started with my den. It is where I write and do most of my reading. I added some red to the room, a few more plants, a coffee table for the love seat and I found a lamp that will follow me home next week.  It looks pretty, homey and I enjoy spending most of my time in this room. It flows into the kitchen, that received a new tablecloth and a general good cleaning. That room flows into the living room.  All I can say right now, is that is where the flow has stopped!!  Today I attack it!  There is a lot to do in that room. We unpacked there. Walked off and left it, hoping someone would put all those clean clothes away.  Apparently, that someone is me, and today is the day.

I enjoy this process.  For me it is a form of purging. I get rid of unnecessary things to make room for new memories. While I was unpacking the things I bought on the trip I found 5 coffee cups of Oregon.  I guess I really liked Oregon, however 5 coffee cups are 4 too many. Needless to say, I forgot what I was buying apparently. Would anyone like a coffee cup from Oregon?  I know a lady who can fix you up---fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment