Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The Carter's Make Their Will....



Today should have been a rather solemn grown up kind of day.  Tommy and I made our will out and  took care of some very serious business issues.  Notice I said,"it should have been". Every word I am about to write is the honest truth!!  I am writing this in case the genes of Tommy Carter appear AGAIN in unborn descendant's. Whoever is blessed to marry or raise this little person has my blessing and a prayer for patience to not knock him in the head at least once a day.  Today was one of those days when his sole purpose was to aggravate the crap out of me and to entertain everyone within ear shot.  He did both with great enthusiasm and much pleasure.

First we go to the bank to get our will signed by a notary public. Most people are quiet in a bank. Not us. It was almost like the circus came to the bank.

 We were there for 2 hours. Tommy told them about each daughter as we listed them on the will. He told them about the grandchildren.  He told them how we met, how long we have been married. The lady was typing, listening and trying to get done. Then she started laughing.  I am groaning inside, this was all Tommy needed. Once she laughed it was on.  There was no way she was getting rid of us anytime soon.  She just drew the short straw today.

 I kept telling Tommy to not talk and let her work as sweetly as I could. He knew what he was doing.   We had already had this talk in the car.  Every time we buy a house, a car, groceries, any thing, Tommy talks up a storm about any and everything but what we are buying. The people doing the paper work get all screwed up, having to do most of it over twice.  We have probably paid more for everything we ever bought than most people did who bought the same things we did only, they kept their mouths shut. 

He does not care!!  We had a teller, a notary and a young man who gave us our safety deposit box key so screwed up they didn't know if they were coming or going. BUT they knew our life story.  They were laughing and talking like we were best friends. That is nice, I just hope the paper work is right.

We stopped to get a bite to eat. I asked him for the millionth time why he does this every time. His answer was not what I expected but was definitely the truth.  "I like to mess with you, it's fun. Besides you are gonna die first and I will do what I want!!"  It was on then.  When we got home, unloaded the car because after lunch we hit almost every store in town, trying to find the kind of dog food our two extra kids will eat.

We decided to take a nap.  We were still talking about dying. I lay there for awhile when I realized that I hope he does out live me. I don't think I could ever be happy with out him in my life.....I got up and started to write this blog.  He on the other hand is sleeping like a baby.  Inside he feels the same way about me.  It is just one of those things the heart knows.


                                               



 

No comments:

Post a Comment