Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Fall is Here in Most of Her Beauty......


After all the horrible days of heat breaking drought, record breaking days of triple digit heat indexes, Fall has arrived.

I am surprised by the beauty, the vibrant colors, we see creeping in to the scenery. I was a naysayer who thought we would have the ugliest fall in history. I really thought things would go from almost dead to just flat out dead. The leaves would simply keep on turning brown and fall to the ground only to lay there and rot.

However, Mother Nature is never predictable. We finally received a few rains.  Several days of showers and storms. Long nights of much needed rain. The grass turned green again. The colors in the trees began to change. The first to arrive are the yellow and orange colors of maple trees. There are splashes of red here and there but it is not quite their time to show off. When red shows up, the show is close to completion.  We are getting near to her big finale.We will have 2 or 3 more weeks of color and then it will fade. Leaves slowly fall, leaf by leaf to the ground.
                                                                             
                                                                                    
I stopped the other day, on my way to town, and took these photos.  They do not do the scenery justice.  The sun was shining. It was about 70 degrees and everywhere I looked I witnessed color exploding. I took these photos while standing on an old bridge, just enjoying the view.  I am glad I was wrong about Fall. It is going to be beautiful.




 In the mornings, there is a chill in the air. By noon it is in the 70's. Now it is a pleasure to be outside.

We have already talked about having a hay ride. The fire pit will be used soon, hopefully nightly.  I think Fall is my favorite season. I say this every time a season changes. I look forward to the variety of activities each season offers. Even a dirty little creek in the middle of nowhere can be beautiful. For me, that is a good thing.  As I have said many times, it does not take much to make me happy.

                               




No comments:

Post a Comment