Thursday, October 18, 2012

October Perfection....



  Last Wednesday was a slice of October perfection. The sun was bold, the wind edgy and the leaves were begging to be photographed before it was too late.  I was more than glad to oblige.

 A thirty minute trip, from town to home, took me over two hours to complete.  I took my watch off when I started my shooting spree. I had no desire or need to be anywhere but where I was. I parked the Blazer and began walking.  

I was searching for the prettiest tree in Callaway County. The competition was almost at it's peak. I took shots from old bridges of  mirror images in spotty patches of water, old dirt roads, and a cemetery that I photograph all the time.  It was at the cemetery I found one the prettiest trees I have seen this fall.  


 This magnificent tree is about 50 feet tall. It stands on a hill in a old country cemetery.  The church located there is welcoming. It is rumored that Jesse James attended the original church before it burned down.  

 The cemetery is located  at the crossroads of nowhere. When gazing at the country around this tree, I think orange must be one of God's favorite colors.                                    



  The road twist and turns, parts of it covered by overhanging trees, occasionally creating "Gone With the Wind" tunnels. 
           
 This is the last curve before reaching my house. Although I drive it at least 3 times a week, the road always seems to belong to the past. I hope it is never paved.        
       
 
Again more yellows and orange splashed up and down the countryside. 





                              
                                        "Rhonda's Spring"  I heard the spring a long time before I actually saw it.                               
It was a pretty drive home. Terribly hard on tires but very soothing to the mind. My mind needs the beauty of nature. I need the challenges and the beauty of country living.  I could never be completely happy in a city again.                    

No comments:

Post a Comment