Friday, September 7, 2012

Me and My Vagina...Will Vote!!!



I swore I would not get into any political posturing concerning the 2012 elections because we are all free to vote the way we see fit. I swore I would not use my blog to encourage the voting of one candidate over the other. I do not agree with either candidate on everything they say or on all of their plans.  I never have. However, there is one area and one statement that has caused me to grind my teeth, bite my tongue and change my mind. The statement was "If you have a vagina and you vote Republican ......you are a moron!!!"  This really ticks me off, to say the least. Moron......really??

 The main reason I write this blog is because I want my ancestors, grandchildren, great grandchildren and relatives on down the line, to know me. I want them to know how I think.  How Tommy and I lived and loved for so many years. I want them to know about our daily lives and what we stood for while we were alive. This is the main legacy I will leave. There won't be a lot of money but there will be stories and truths written for family and friends.

This is one of those truths that I hold very dear to my heart. It is the argument concerning abortion.  I believe life begins at conception. The minute I found out I was pregnant, I carried a baby not a fetus. I loved that child before she was born. I can accept we live in a nation where abortion is legal, but I don't have to like it.  I don't think it should ever be used as a means of birth control.

I do believe in cases of rape or incest the mother should be allowed to terminate the pregnancy. If her life is in danger by having the baby then it should be her decision on what needs to be done. It is a tough decision and should be left to the ones involved. It is not my call. I hope there never comes a time when we are faced with that decision.

One of the reasons we are in debt is because we have killed off through abortion, one generation at least, of tax payers. Since 1973 approximately 50 million abortions have been performed. That was a lot of potential doctors, teachers, presidents, inventors, artists, musicians, authors, mothers and fathers who never got a chance at life or to pay taxes.

I am an independent thinker and voter.  I believe a man or woman should be able to love whoever they want to love. It is none of my business if they choose a same sex relationship, if they marry a different race or someone of a different religion or no religion at all.

This is an important election. We are at a crossroads in the world and at home. In November I will vote, but not whole heartily. I have some reservations about both candidates and their running mates. 


When I do go to the polls,  I will be voting my conscience on matters I consider important...my vagina is just along for the ride.  It is a tough world. There are no easy answers anymore. If you believe in something fight for it while we still  can.


3 comments:

  1. AMEN! I completely agree with your view on abortion! It is NOT birth control...BUT certain situations do require its use...
    Def going to share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you both for reading my blog. I enjoy getting feed back.

    ReplyDelete