Monday, September 10, 2012

"You Never Know who is Watching"......Thank you Frannie



Yesterday while waiting for Tommy to check out at WalMart,  a young woman came up to me and said, "Do you remember who I am?" After a second of studying her face I knew she was Frannie Thomas.  It had been years since I had seen her. She grew into a beautiful young woman. Tall, slim with pretty long reddish blonde hair.  She also had two teenagers with her. Her son and daughter, who graduates from school this year. Wow....time gets away fast. I remember when she was a young girl and we used to take her to church with us.

Frannie said that she wanted to tell me something. That is when I received the nicest complement of my life.  She told me that she wanted to tell me how much she admired me when she was younger, and to thank me for taking her to church. I gave her a big hug. I really didn't know what to say.  In the back of my mind I heard, "See you never know the impact you make on people. There is always someone watching."

Frannie said she believes in telling people the good things they did before it is too late. She lived in front of my eyes the best sermon I have heard in years.

Thank you Frannie for the nicest compliment I have ever received. Not only did you make my day, you recharged something in me that has been quiet for while. For that I am thankful and humbled.

No comments:

Post a Comment