Sunday, December 30, 2012

2012 in Word and in Pictures...



In a matter of hours 2012 will cease to exist. All that will be left of those 365 days will be our memories. 

I become very mellow and reflective the last week of the year.  I have a hard time letting go of some years and some memories.

This year, for the most part, has been very good to my family and myself. We all made new memories and had adventures together and apart. Except for the past 2 months, it was a good year for Tommy and me. His health slapped me in the face with a truth I did not want to accept. In my mind's eye, Tommy and I will forever be 40 years old. In reality we are far from that age. Sometimes when we are window shopping, I will catch a glimpse of us and for a second, I wonder who that couple is...then I smile and remember it is us...

My mother used to say all the time, "Time flies".  When I was a child I thought that was an odd expression. Time did not matter to me at all when I was 8 years old.  I remember Christmas Eve's that I thought would never end....while I waited on Santa to slip in with my toys.  I remember hot, humid days in Kentucky with no air conditioning.  I thought each day lasted a week when we were in the midst of a July dry spell. Later at night, the window fan finally cooled us as we slept. The sound of a train going down the tracks behind our house lumbered through our sleep...heard but only recognized in our dreams.  I remember waiting for the first snow to fall and all the excitement that went with its presence.

Then I grew up, started my own life with Tommy, I caught myself saying the same words to my girls that Mama said to me. "Time flies". Truer words were never spoken. Life goes by fast.

Below are a few pictures of 2012. They are proof of the memories we shared. I could not begin to post everything. I am sure my muse and I are not through with 2012. There are many stories yet to tell.

                                                          Celebrating our 43rd  Christmas


                                                             Christmas morning 2012
                                                    

                                                            at Jacy's Winter concert
                                    

                                                         First year to play the viola

                                                
                                                       Thanksgiving and Halloween                                                    
                         

                                                     2012 Election--You Know Who Won


                                                          Logan playing flag football
                                                 
       

                                                            Miss Sacajawea


                                                  It was a year of writing for Tami and me.
                              

                                            We spent a fabulous week with Lisa and Lisle
                                        in Florida.....                                                                                   

                                             It doesn't get much better than this day......
                   

                                                             Tami and Tommy
  

                                                 One of my favorite pictures of us
                    

                                            This was made in Tennessee--love mirror images
           

                                                       Flying above the Clouds


                                 Fishing with Tommy at the River.......                                                                                               

                                                            Visiting Daddy in Kentucky
                                                              

                                             Moved Melodi to California in July...what a trip!!!
                                                      

                                         Moving Melodi from one side of the country to the other
                                                     

                                                       Melodi took us to Vegas!!!
                       

                                              Ben Hook

                                                                   Jody Hook

                                                            Tommy and Bobby          
   
                                           I have friends from all over the world, I am blessed.......              

As Mama would say, "Time flies" and it really does. This year was filled with love and loss, health and sickness, beauty and wonder. It was an amazing journey. I wouldn't have missed it for the world!!

                             Love to you all!!  You make 
                                my life happier than you
                                      will ever know. 
                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment