Thursday, January 17, 2013

Logan's Version of the Bullet Hole........



Every year on Labor Day Weekend the Carter's have their family reunion. Since we have retired, we try our best to attend.  Last year, Tami, Casey, Logan and Jacy went with us.  The grand kids rode with us in our car, spending  most of their time in our hotel room. We were all resting, Tommy was channel surfing while he laid on the bed.

Tommy had his t shirt off.  Logan was sitting on the bed behind Papa while they watched a movie. Suddenly, Logan spies a scar on Tommy's back and wants to know what caused it.  The scar is round and puckered a little. If you are 8 years old, it can look like a lot of things.

Without taking his eyes off of the t.v. Tommy says, "That is where Nonnie shot me when we first got married!"  I am sitting on the couch with Jacy, when Logan yells out, "Nonnie did you shoot Papa when you all first got married??"   Laughing I said, "I sure did--he wouldn't take out the garbage!"

Suddenly, Logan is beside himself. He jumped up in bed and started flaying his arms around.  " You shot him?" to me.  To Tommy, "She shot you?? "YES" we tease in unison.


We were laughing at the scene when Logan put his hands on his hips and yells,  "Papa you gotta leave her!!  She shot you!!"

I added fuel to the fire saying,  "I only shot him once. Now he takes the trash out regularly"  Never, ever did I believe Logan could honestly believe this story. Tommy and I were both laughing. Logan did believe the story. He was one mad little boy. 

I wondered how on earth he could fall for this story and then I remembered the first time I saw the scar on Tommy's back. I asked him about it and he told me "Joe Neal shot him when they were kids"I was livid, I didn't remember anything  about Tommy getting shot!!!  I reacted much the same way Logan did when  Tommy told  me this outlandish story and I was ready to thump Joe Neal in the head.

Some things never change...

Tommy finally calmed me down by telling me the truth. It took 3 times before I was no longer mad at Joe Neal. Logan also calmed down, about 3 times after we told him the truth.  He crawled up in my lap and said he was "glad I didn't shoot Papa" He wanted me to 'stay' but under no circumstances could I ever 'shoot Papa'. I promised.

 I gave him a kiss on top of his head, looking at Tommy who was laughing---again. Sure am glad Logan can't read minds, because a gun just went off in a small area of my mind:) I would hate to scare Logan twice in one night.

                                             

 

No comments:

Post a Comment