Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Mr. President, About the 'Dance'....



It is no secret that I am not a fan of President Obama or any of his cohorts. I did not watch the Inauguration. I don't care how many Bibles he swears on, I still do not believe him when he speaks. His agenda for my country scares the Hell out of me.....other than that we get along fine.

However, there was one ceremony I was bound and determined to watch. It was the first dance at the Commander In Chiefs Ball.  The President and the First Lady danced to Al Green's song, "Let's Stay Together" sung by Jennifer Hudson. For 3 minutes I watched the First Couple dance, kiss, laugh and whisper. For the first time in 4 years I was not mad at them.  It may have been for show but part of it, I believe was really the two of them enjoying a moment in history. 

I smiled as they danced, laughed when they whispered and wondered what he said to her. When he kissed her I said, 'Awww".  Tommy was not impressed at all. He had his hand on the remote control wondering what in the heck had happened to me. He kept saying" can I change this crap?"

"No not yet. I want to see this." I said.

"Why?" Tommy kept asking. Finally the dance was over and Tommy changed the channel.  If I am not mistaken, we were once again watching  "the Amish Mafia". I hate that show. I don't believe them anymore than I do the President.

It was a good feeling, even though it only lasted 3 minutes, to not be mad at, or afraid of, or skeptical about every word the President utters. Finally, the music stopped and we were back to where we had started. 

 I want the truth about Benghazi, I want responsible men and women in the new Cabinet, so far the list is nauseating. I want a lot of things for my country.  The President and I are polar opposites on most issues.  However, for 3 minutes the other night as they danced I wished with all my heart the President was exactly what he appeared to be and I also wished the "Amish Mafia" would be cancelled before the next commercial break. Neither one happened.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment