Thursday, June 28, 2012

"Tommy Carter would die if he couldn't flirt"

"Tommy Carter would die if he couldn't flirt."  That was a quote from one of our high school year books.  It was true then and it is true now!!!

We are blessed and lucky at the same time. We not only like each other, but we love each other deeply. However that does not change the nature of the beast!  Once a flirt, always a flirt.  

I enjoy it when we flirt with each other. Honestly, there are times I think we could take our "show"on the road. Our personalities mesh and feed off each other. At times we are hilarious!!  Other times --not so funny:)  I am used to this after 43 years of marriage.  I either join in or he gets the "look". Women know what the "look" means.  "Enough already, while you are still able to walk out of here!!!"  Sometimes he tries to ignore the "look" but that is futile. He knows it and shapes up---sooner or later:)

Monday we stopped in at a little Mom and Pop restaurant in Herman to eat lunch.  As soon as we were seated I noticed dollar bills hanging from the ceiling. I knew there was a story there and couldn't wait to hear it.

Our waitress turned out to be a very sweet, good looking high school girl.  I liked her immediately. I asked about the money on the ceiling and all of a sudden "Studly Tom" comes to the surface.  I hadn't seen him in awhile and I was amused.  I already knew how this was going down!!

She told us that customers threw dollar bills on the ceiling and in March the money would be donated to a special needs child.  They had pictures of different winners to prove this wasn't a hoax.  I was all for doing this. It was for a good cause and another first for us.

The waitress had already bought us a beer apiece. All we ever drink when we are driving is one beer.  It was 102 outside, we were "beer thirsty".  As the waitress was getting ready to leave with our order, Tommy pulls out the loose money in his jeans pocket.  He had $11.  I asked him to try and throw a dollar on the ceiling.  He said "OK," Flips through his money and says, "I think I will throw a $10 bill up there too."  I nearly choked on my swig of beer.

I started laughing, the waitress and I looked at each other then back to Tommy.  He was up and on his feet looking for a pin to stick in his money.  I asked him if he was spending our lunch money and he gave me his version of the "Look"

I whispered to the waitress, "Don't let him have any more beer!!!"  She started laughing and Tommy said, " I heard that!!'  He made 3 attempts before the bills finally stuck. I was laughing and shaking my head.  He sat down all puffed up and proud like a rooster.  I congratulated him on throwing $11 on the ceiling.  He then informed me it was for a good cause.  No argument there.


                             
                  
This is proof that Tommy officially has stuck money to the ceiling!! I can see the other dollar bills stuck close to his money.  It was a great day.  I only wanted to choke the snot out of him once!!!!  The "Look" worked:)             
 

No comments:

Post a Comment