Monday, June 11, 2012

"It's all Because you are Left Handed....."



While I was helping Tommy remove a rotten stump the other day, I found these three pieces of unusual wood.  When I held them in my hand, they made me think of the Anasazi Indian dwellings in Colorado.  

I showed them to Tommy and asked him what he thought.  He thought they looked like rotten wood. I began to show him what I was seeing. To me, I could see a rock mountain where Indians used to live.  The holes were the cavernous ruins of their dwellings.  We saw these places in Colorado and Arizona.  I have a postcard of it somewhere! It was plain as day to me, how strong a resemblance the wood portrayed the Indian cave dwellings.

I turned around and walked over to my "play area, Matlacha."  I put the 'ruins' in an old orange birdbath, added some sand and shells to the scene. I took a step back and smiled.  I was very pleased with what I saw.

Tommy walks over and says "Are you gonna leave that rotten wood in the birdbath?"

"Yes I am"

"Why?" he wanted to know.

"Because I like it there and it tells a story to me",  I replied.

I never should have said that!!!  

Tommy says, "If you ask me ( and I didn't) too many "things" tell you "stories"!!!

I started walking back to the house and Tommy begins laughing. "You know it is all because you are left handed!!!!  Something in your wiring is crossed"

I turn around and give him the only sign language wave I know.  As I  walk off I tell him, "Just wait until you see what I write about you tonight!!!"  

We were both laughing----I was the only one serious:)

I don't care what he says, I can see those cave dwellings!  He probably can too and is just too aggravating to admit it to me. 

3 comments:

  1. And I am sure you have a postcard of it. ha ha..Enjoyed your story as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do and I will be looking for that puppy tonight:) I am gonna have to show him!!! take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I am for stories in the old pieces of wood anytime!

    ReplyDelete